Friday, November 7, 2014

DigitalStory

I have not came to a conclusion for what my digital story will be, but i have a couple ideas. My first idea deals with digital media and how surveillance affects our decision. Not only does surveillance deal with just government, but with companies as well. Companies use surveillance to view their employees/ future employees social media profiles. Knowing companies see this information, it affects what people post, such as myself. Surveillance can also deal with family. I have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. and i am extra-careful of what i post due to my family seeing. I will use an app from Cogdogroo in which i will share my personal experiences of how i am extra careful of what i post. 

My second idea lies along the intersection of digital media and social justice, because it deals with cyberbullying, which is also what I'm doing for my sap project. I will use OurStory and create a timeline in which it shows my experiences and the actions i took. I will add pictures and captions, adding on to the affect. Although i have not come to a conclusion, i believe that these two ideas will be the ones i work with. I was also thinking of using six.com to create a website, such as one of the previous students did in the examples. By using a website i can spread out my information i need into separate categories and add a video if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment